CLP Innovation Enterprises Limited (“CLP”) is committed to protecting your privacy. Set out below is information that explains CLP’s practices relating to how your personal data is collected and used.
CLP and its parent and affiliates (“CLP Group”) may use the personal data you provide when registering for, and in the course of accessing and using, the Smart Energy Cloud (“SEC”) and any products, services or applications that CLP provides to you in connection with SEC to:
· design, develop and provide energy management, and other smart energy, products and services;
· open, maintain and terminate accounts;
· supply you with products and services, and related information;
· process billing, payments and sales orders;
· protect, improve, review, manage, enhance and optimise CLP Group’s and its suppliers’ products and services, businesses and user experience;
· conduct customer surveys, promotional activities and events sponsored or managed by CLP Group or suppliers;
· conduct research and perform statistical analysis;
· better understand your preferences and interests and to personalise your experience;
· conduct direct marketing activities (if we have separate consent from you to do so);
· communicate with you;
· comply with CLP Group’s legal obligations, resolve any disputes that CLP Group may have with any user, and enforce CLP Group’s agreements with third parties; and
In addition to collecting personal data that you directly provide to CLP, CLP may also collect your personal data if another person, such as a colleague, registers you as a user of SEC,
as well as personal data you provide or have provided to another CLP Group entity from that entity (including entities outside Hong Kong).
In such cases, CLP Group may also use your personal data for the Primary Purposes or other purposes directly related to the Primary Purposes.
You must provide CLP with specified personal data to obtain the full benefit of CLP Group’s products, services and applications. You may opt out of providing CLP some personal data in relation to CLP Group’s products, services and applications through the processes CLP makes available to you. If you opt out of providing CLP with some personal data, CLP Group may not be able to provide you with certain features of products, services or applications, or at all.
Transfer of Personal Data CLP may transfer your personal data to the following third parties (any of which may be located outside Hong Kong) for the Primary Purposes, or other directly related purposes:
· members of the CLP Group or agents;
· CLP’s service providers, including cloud service providers CLP engages to process personal data;
· entities that supply products and services to CLP and CLP’s customers in connection with SEC; and
· other suppliers of whom CLP may notify you from time to time.
CLP will disclose data when required to do so by law and may also disclose such data in response to requests from law enforcement agencies or regulatory authorities.
Your personal data collected will retained for any period in which you use or have access to use SEC and, if your personal data is retained beyond this period, CLP will take all practicable steps to ensure it is not kept longer than necessary for CLP to fulfill the purposes set out in this Personal Information Collection Statement.
You have a right to request access to, the correction and erasure of, your personal data in accordance with, as applicable, the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), or any other data protection law. Requests for access, correction and erasure of personal data, as well as withdrawal of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com or by letter at:
CLP Holdings Limited Data Protection Officer Group Legal Affairs 8 Laguna Verde Avenue Hung Hom Kowloon Hong Kong.
CLP Holdings Limited Data Protection Officer Group Legal Affairs 8 Laguna Verde Avenue Hung Hom Kowloon Hong Kong